Under the general direction of the Agent, the janitor person assumes the responsibility for
the overall cleaning of the complex.
- Advises the Agent of the needs and problems of tenants with reference to the
maintenance of the complex.
- General trash pick-up in all the common areas and assures that cleanliness is maintained
around the property, including the dumpsites.
Cleans the rental office, including vacuuming carpets; cleaning windows; polishing the
desks and cleaning the sliding glass doors as needed.
- Cleaning the laundry areas, including keeping the windows clean, tables wiped off,
machines cleaned and cleaning in and behind machines as needed.
- Dusts furniture in the common areas and vacuums and mops floors using the appropriate
signage notifying persons of wet floors as needed.
- Cleans the exercise room(s) and the equipment.
- Cleans the technology learning center including desks; chairs and computers (with the
appropriate cleaning solution).
- Cleans the library including bookcases; tables and chairs.
- Sweeps the walkways, curbs and other areas as needed.
- Cleans stair treads, handrails and removes cobwebs out of all corners of all common
- Cleans the elevator(s) on-site and stairwells.
- Assists in making units “Market Ready” as directed to by the Site Manager or the
Regional Property Manager.
- Promotes tenant participation in enforcing the regulations.
- Ensures that both tenants and staff are familiar with and observe safety regulations.
- Participates in discussions involving changes in the existing facilities of the complex.
- When an item is too large or complicated to handle, contact agent for instructions and
ensure the correct handling of the item is completed following safety regulations.